Peninsula Cantare is actively seeking new members to join us in creating exciting, artistic performances of great choral music. We hold auditions by appointment throughout the year, and we invite singers with choral experience to audition for openings in all voice parts.
Our singers typically have at least several years’ music background in high-school, college or community choruses, and possess some degree of music-reading ability. In addition, some of our members have had private voice instruction, but that certainly isn’t a requirement. We’re looking for new members with a pleasant choral singing voice, some music-reading ability, and a positive attitude.
Our rehearsals provide a lively, enjoyable atmosphere for developing musicality and expressive singing. Because we often perform challenging repertoire, our members are expected to practice and learn their own part outside of rehearsal. Occasional section rehearsals held outside of regular rehearsal times assist the singers in each section with learning more difficult passages and to help the section achieve a unified sound.
To Request More Information or an Audition Appointment
To request an audition fill out the form at the right.
For more information send an email to email@example.com.
Cantare Quick Facts
- We rehearse on Tuesday evenings from 7:30 to 10:00 at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 670 E. Meadow, Palo Alto.
- Cantare performs two or three concert sets each season: November/December, March/April, and sometimes May/June.
- Members pay a fee to help cover costs and also pay for their music, if scores need to be purchased.
- Scholarships are available.
- Cantare has a dress standard for concert performances:
- Women wear black long skirt/pants and black top or long black dress.
- Men wear tuxedos or all black.